Saturday, April 8, 2017

Memory

Oftentimes, "memory" is the one subject (among other cognitive operations) that genuinely triggers my curiosity and effortlessly prompts me to further explore issues surround it. It's fascinating to comprehend just how memory could induce the underlying meaning of people behavior. For the most part, I actually seek to understand my memory, myself better.

So, what really is memory? For simplicity, memory enables us to learn and remember different types of information by way of independent operations in our brains. Isn't that cool?

I'm particularly interested in (to list just a few):
  • How do we remember things?
  • Why do we remember things?
  • Why do we have strong memories for certain things?
  • Why do we forget things?
  • Can we improve our memory? How? And to what extent?
  • Can we selectively delete some memories?
  • How memory correlates with other cognitive processes?
  • How do we explain dream in relation to memory?
I've better comprehension for some of these questions now that I'm taking my second cognitive class. Still, I have vague idea for some of others. I will continue researching (read: re+searching, not doing experiment) to shed light on these queries.

No comments:

Post a Comment